Build #91 Released! May 26, 2017 17:01
A new version of ReelSteady is now available!
- Presets for the Panasonic GH5 camera added
- Changed the default analysis speed to 2.5
- Bug fixes
Keyframe-able Smoothness Feature! April 17, 2017 17:57
That's right! It's now possible to set keyframes on the smoothness value. This is useful for shots that need different levels of smoothness at different times (for example, a long tracking shot that has a short whip-pan). Check out the tutorial below for more info.
New version! March 07, 2017 16:10
A new version of ReelSteady is hot off the assembly line!
This new version (build 89) adds functionality for pausing the stabilization.
This can be used to review ReelSteady's progress without having to wait for the entire clip to be stabilized.
This feature also helps users who have experienced a bug where the stabilization gets "stuck". We are working to squash this bug, but we wanted to give users this workaround option in the meantime.
Updated Tutorials! May 03, 2016 19:57
We've just updated our "Introduction" and "Camera Calibration" tutorials with some great info on how to use the new features added to version 1.0. Check them out below!
Version 1.0 out now! April 28, 2016 10:10
In addition to being the most stable version of ReelSteady yet, we've added a host of new features and presets.
New features include:
- "Tripod Pan Mode" for improved results with shots that have little parallax movement.
- Option to specify the field of view of the camera for maximum control.
- Camera field of view is now saved when making presets for consistently accurate results.
New presets added for many popular cameras including:
- Sony a7rii
- Sony a7s
- RED Epic
- Panasonic GH4
- Canon 5Dmkiii
- DJI Phantom
- DJI Inspire 1
- and more!
ReelSteady Update. Reset button, previous version support, and more! March 23, 2016 19:25
- Significantly improved compatibility between ReelSteady builds. In other words, you should be able to upgrade ReelSteady and keep working with existing projects.
- Reset button works now
- Improved stability on Windows when analyzing long clips
If you encountered any issues in the past with loading projects that were using an older version of ReelSteady, then this version is for you! Any project using a previous version of ReelSteady should load properly with this release.
ReelSteady Update. Bug Fix Release March 01, 2016 14:14
- Squashed bug with restab duration that prevented restabilizing the last frame
- Fixed a memory leak
- Several other bug fixes and stability improvements
To get the update, open AE, apply ReelSteady, and you will receive an email from us with download links for the new release.
We highly recommend everyone upgrade to this latest version. We've fixed lots of bugs and improved stability overall. While this release is focused on squashing bugs and improving stability, we are working on new features that we haven't revealed just yet. Stay tuned!
ReelSteady Update: Support for CC 2015 on OSX February 06, 2016 18:36
- Support for CC 2015 on OSX. Please use CC 2015 version 220.127.116.11 or newer
- Fixed issues that happened with certain framerates (23.976, 47.951)
- Fixes to improve stabilty and report when ReelSteady has failed. ReelSteady will pause its work so you can resume. Helpful if stabilizing a very long clip and things go bad.
We highly recommend everyone upgrade to this latest version. The CC 2015 support is just for OSX at this time. Support for CC 2015 on Windows is in progress. (working on it)
Thanks everyone for your ongoing support! More good stuff coming soon...
ReelSteady Update. New Year New Build! January 03, 2016 21:01
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements
We highly recommend everyone upgrade to this latest version. We've fixed lots of bugs and improved stability overall. Many types of shots that caused ReelSteady to fail previously should now stabilize properly.
Happy new year!
New Tutorials! December 10, 2015 16:13
Check out our updated intro tutorial as well as our brand new "Managing Artifacts" tutorial where we give you a quick lesson on handling some of the artifacts that may occur when using rolling shutter correction.
Issue with latest Adobe CC 2015 on OSX. December 01, 2015 23:23Attention OSX users on CC 2015: Hold off on upgrading to today's release from Adobe. A new bug was introduced causing ReelSteady to have issues. For best performance we always recommend using CC 2014.
ReelSteady update. Up to 5x faster performance! November 24, 2015 12:13
- Analysis Speed Setting. Get up to 5x faster performance!
- Key rolling shutter correction rate after stabilization. Helps for removing artifacts
- Improvements to all GoPro SuperView presets
- Various bug fixes
ReelSteady update. CS6 support and more! November 05, 2015 14:10Good news, a new version of ReelSteady is available!
- Support for After Effects CS6
- Improved GoPro 1080 Superview camera preset
- Bugfix for GoPro Superview camera preset when using masks or effects
- Fixed bug causing excessive delay when unable to stabilize
ReelSteady.com is Live! August 18, 2015 14:49That's right everone. ReelSteady.com is now live! Big thanks to the team for all their hard work and dedication.
ReelSteady is now in Beta! August 03, 2015 18:48
We're happy to announce that ReelSteady has hit it's beta milestone.